Collected by Dessert Eater
Dessert Eater′s Wishlist
Praça do Comércio 3, 1100-148 Lisboa, Portugal
Martinho da Arcada is a Lisbon legend. Thanks to a friend's recommendation, I passed through it just to experience the phenomenon and look inside. The cafe was founded in 1778 as Café do Gelo (the Ice Cafe) and mostly sold beverages and ice. After...
48291 Axpe, Bizkaia, Spain
Michelin-starred restaurants sometimes appear in the unlikeliest places and have the unlikeliest views. That's the case with Etxebarri, a gem of a Basque restaurant -- it received its first star a couple of years ago -- where grilled food takes...
Q.ta da Romaneira, 5070 Alijó, Portugal
Set amid terraced vineyards along the banks of the Douro River, the guest rooms at the Romaneira have no phones, TVs, or cell reception. Visitors spend their days hiking the 1,000-acre property, drinking the region’s famous port wines, and...
2300 Tomar, Portugal
Tomar Portugal is an amazing place to visit. Within this small town is a beautiful castle built by the Knights Templar, a jewish quarter with the oldest synagogue in Portugal (museum as well) and one of the funkiest museums ever visited- the...
Estrada do Cabo da Roca s/n, 2705-001 Colares, Portugal
the western most point of continental Europe lies west and a bit north of Lisbon Portugal. A lighthouse and lovely park overlook the sea from cliff top. Like many similar spots (Nordkapp and the Cape of Good Hope come to mind) everyone wants their...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village