Deep South 2016
Collected by Natalie Brenton
299 W Sunflower Rd, Cleveland, MS 38732, USA
Once upon a time workers came and went, collaborating with one another, learning musical trends, all while part of this cotton plantation. Dockery Farms was once a small town of sorts, having its own currency, store, train stop, and this old gas...
120 N Main St, Hannibal, MO 63401, USA
Take a step back in time to visit with Tom and Huck in Mark Twains Hannibal, Missouri. This quaint town is the birthplace of the author and home of the Mark Twain museum. Take a ride on a riverboat, visit the Mark Twain caves and walk to the bluff...
1701 4th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203, USA
Learn about the jazz greats, including Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, and Duke Ellington, at the Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame. Located in the Civil Rights District, this art-deco museum features exhibits on legendary musicians and sponsors jazz...
617 U.S. 72 W, Tuscumbia, AL 35674, USA
The “Muscle Shoals” documentary that debuted at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival inspired the reopening of the Alabama Hall of Fame in Tuscumbia, Alabama. Here, interactive exhibits showcase such legends of the music world as Nat King Cole, Hank...
833 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
New Orleans is a year-round destination for music lovers, home to legendary jazz, rhythm & blues, and rock & roll venues, but over the last weekend of April and the first in May, the city’s music scene reaches its high note. Jazz Fest takes places...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico