Collected by Adriana Yampey , AFAR Local Expert
Even though it bares this name, Death Valley National Park is a very organic, colorful and full of life place. Discovering it is a treat.
Zabriskie Point, California, USA
Looking something like a cross between a moonscape and leathery skin, Zabriskie Point is one of the landscape highlights of Death Valley. Shaped formations, formed over thousands and thousands of years look best in the early morning, as the sun...
"Straight ahead for 42 Miles" said the automated, slightly pitchy, woman's voice. My road trip buddy and I looked at each other as if to check what we'd just heard. Sure enough though, the GPS was right. Straight as a die, but much, much more...
One of the best things Death Valley has to offer is, in my mind, the Mesquite Sand Dunes. For a place that bares this name, it sure feels organic and is full of color. Visiting them was so worth it as they displayed a wonderful palette of color....
This beautiful place in Death Valley is on the way to the Mesquite Sand Dunes and it's called the Devil's corn field. Walking on it feels very strange as the sand is solidified at the surface. When you step on it makes in crack and it sounds and...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum