Collected by AFAR Explorer
Billy Goat Trail Section A, Potomac, MD 20854, USA
One of my favorite short hikes in the D.C. area, the Billy Goat Trail winds along the Chesapeake and Ohio (C&O Canal) and the Potomac River offering scenic vistas and beautiful floral and woodland surroundings. The trail lies where the actual old...
Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historic Park, 20, Downsville, MD, USA
The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historic Park extends for almost 200 miles from Alexandria, Virginia to Cumberland, Pennsylvania. Along the way it passes not far from Rockville. Visitors can hike, bike, and run on the towpaths and other...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village