Collected by Shirley Yong
2 Lincoln Memorial Cir NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
I found myself contemplating the anxiety in Lincoln's hands, the hasty "drape" of cloth, and piercing eyes that seem to pierce through the decades. Take time to lean against the cool stone pillars and read through the texts of the 2nd Inaugural...
9200 Old Dominion Dr, McLean, VA 22102, USA
Just a few short miles off of the Capital Beltway, nestled along a winding wooded road, Great Falls National Park is a nearby haven for nature-seeking Washingtonians. Here, the Potomac River floods into the Mather Gorge, creating breathtaking...
3101 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016, USA
The Washington National Cathedral stands high over D.C. as a beacon of faith for the nation. The impressive Gothic architecture evokes comparisons to Notre-Dame (despite being built more than half a millennium later). Flying buttresses, spires,...
Arlington, VA 22204, USA
Memorial Amphitheater is absolutely breathtaking. On the other side of that stage is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, but wandering around we saw this amazing scene—very neoclassical, and a nice treat while walking through the cemetery.
1750 Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA
National World War II memorial honors the hundreds of thousands who fought and who died during World War II. I snapped this photograph of the Freedom Wall, which contains 4,000 gold stars to honor the over 400,000 Americans who died during World...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet