Collected by AFAR Explorer
1750 Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA
The memorials and monuments of Washington, D.C., are inspiring during the day, but at night, they are simply mesmerizing. On a chilly November night, I decided to stroll by the monuments. I had especially wanted to see the Jefferson Memorial light...
675 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
This iconic Washington restaurant and bar has moved several times since it began as a boarding house/tavern in 1856, but its present location, a block from the White House, speaks to its history. Presidents Grant, Johnson, Cleveland, McKinley,...
1057 Thomas Jefferson St NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
If you visit Georgetown, make time to stroll along the historic C&O Canal with a cup of coffee. Normally there is water in the canal and the boats float along. The cafe on the corner, Baked and Wired, is full of delicious treats, with cupcakes...
Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC, USA
Passport DC is a month-long event in May with more than 100 international events and activities that educate visitors and residents of the Washington, D.C., area about our global community. Every first Saturday of the month is the signature event...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign