Collected by Bettina
1739 N St NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
What I love about the Tabard Inn is that most D.C. visitors and transplants have never heard of it, yet this place requires a brunch reservation 2 weeks in advance. The Tabard Inn is historic and creaky. The corridors are lined with quirky rooms...
2 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20024, USA
After a long awaited re-opening, the infamous reflecting pool shared by the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial has been opened to the public once again. Over one year of construction on the new water filtration system that now pulls water...
101 Independence Ave SE, Washington, DC 20540, USA
Established in 1800, the Library of Congress is the oldest federal institution in the United States. The library was destroyed by British troops just 14 years after its conception, and Congress used Thomas Jefferson’s collection of 6,487...
East Capitol St NE & First St SE, Washington, DC 20004, USA
The U.S. Capitol Building is the epicenter of all D.C. political action—this is where the country's most important battles are fought. Home to the House of Representatives and the Senate's meeting chambers for more than two centuries, it's...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights