Collected by Alice Svensson
1661 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006, USA
Like many people these days, I need a cup of caffeine to get me going in the morning. Most mornings I’m a tea person, but every once in a while, I need a cup of coffee. Luckily for me, M.E. Swing is just a short two blocks away from my office....
1726 20th St NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
A friend who lives in the D.C. area recommended this coffeehouse to me. And considering how we used to frolic through London’s food scene together, I already knew that she’s just as picky as I am when it comes to coffee. Tucked away on 20th Street...
1924 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006, USA
If you're in the northwest area of D.C., and looking for good food with fresh ingredients, or for some unhealthy beignets that are simply excellent, then check out Founding Farmers. I started out eating on the healthy side, with an egg white...
1601 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
Le Diplomate brings France’s chic bistro culture to D.C.’s trendy U Street Corridor. Upon entering through its bright blue door frame, the high ceilings, antique decor, and bread-cart centerpiece will have you checking for your...
1822 1st St NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA
Nestled in charming Bloomingdale, the rustic Red Hen is a golden egg of D.C.’s dining scene. Chef/owner Michael Friedman (also of All Purpose Pizza) has created an inviting home for culinary pleasures like the cool taste of soft, bulbous...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter