Collected by AFAR Explorer
101 Independence Ave SE, Washington, DC 20540, USA
If you come to D.C., do not skip a visit to the Library of Congress. Don’t be impressed by the statistics. The largest library in the world—a campus of eight buildings, housing about 150 million items—you'll never see it all, or even a significant...
Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC 20024, USA
I’m very lucky. I get to spend my days in one of the most beautiful cities in the world! One thing that makes D.C. so special is the amount of green space that we have in the city. Constitution Gardens is just a few blocks from my office, and it’s...
400 8th St NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
The day I arrived in Washington, D.C., I had some time to go exploring. Given the overcast skies, this turned out to be a poor photography expedition. And so the day I left D.C., I got up extra early to catch the sunrise over the National Mall. It...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019