Daytrips from London
Collected by Emma John, AFAR Local Expert
1 Carshalton Rd, Banstead SM7 3JA, UK
This year both of us desperately wanted to visit Provence in South France to witness the gazillion lavender farms. For some reason we could not, and boy were we disappointed. Not for long. Enter Mayfield Lavender Farm. This 25-acre farm is located...
40 Gay St, Bath BA1 2NT, UK
Jane Austen fans are sure to delight over the great exhibits and tea shop at the Jane Austen Centre, but more adventurous fans should take the walking tour of Bath held by the Centre on weekends. A jovial guide will take you through the streets of...
Bath BA1 1LT, UK
Wherever you are in Europe, you're never far from a cathedral with hundreds of steps leading to a church tower boasting sweeping views of whatever city or town lies beneath. Bath Abbey is one of those cathedrals, but its 212 stairs are worth every...
Stall St, Bath BA1 1LZ, UK
Make sure to stop by the Roman Baths to get a quick introduction to the long history of the healing waters of Bath. An audio tour is included with admission, but there is plenty to see without having a guide point it out. The naturally warm waters...
13 Abbey Churchyard, Bath BA1 1LY, UK
Partake in the centuries-old tradition of taking the healing waters of Bath. If you take the Roman Baths tour you can snag a free cup from the designated fountain near the exit or in the famous Pump Room. If you choose to take a sip, keep in mind...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter