Days 5-6: The Great Ocean Road
A legendary stretch of highway, carved out of rock and dust by early settlers to the continent, the Great Ocean Road passes through some of Victoria's most historical towns and stunning natural attractions—including the 12 Apostles. You could do the 151 mile drive along Australia's southeastern coast in a day, but we recommend allowing at least two days to see koalas resting in eucalyptus trees, to ogle surfers at Bells Beach, or to just stop and linger at outposts like Wye River General Store.
- 1ScottsdaleSlideshowA Perfect Day’s Adventures in Scottsdale Sponsored by Experience Scottsdale
- 2TrendsArticleMeet the Woman Who Went in Search of “the Good Death”
- 3Festivals + EventsArticleThe Halloween Capital of the World Isn’t What You Think It Is
- 4ArtArticleA Look at Ai Weiwei’s Takeover of New York City’s Public Spaces
- 5PeopleArticleCoolest Travel Jobs: What It’s Like to Be a Professional Ghost Hunter