Day Trips From Seoul
Collected by Leslie Patrick, AFAR Local Expert
Seoul has so much to offer that leaving the city limits for entertainment is virtually unnecessary. But after several days of negotiating busy streets, a respite may be in order. Here, a handful of quick ideas for day trips easily reachable from the Korean capital.
Gangwon-do, South Korea
Just a short train ride from Seoul is the High 1 Ski Resort. You may not think of Korea as a place for world-class slopes, but the mountains near Seoul are just that: They didn’t choose Korea as the location of the 2018 winter Olympic games for...
Seoksu-dong, Manan-gu, Anyang, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Anyang, located just outside Seoul, is an incredible place for a day trip. The Anyang Art Park has numerous sites to see—including this maze-like staircase. The park, situated in a valley, is a perfect place to spend an afternoon in any season.
Munhwa-ro, Namdong-gu, Incheon, South Korea
Sure, you can get Chinese food in Seoul, but a quick trip to the end of one branch of Seoul Metro's Line 1 can bring you a step closer to China! Enjoy Chinese restaurants and bric-a-brac shops galore! Insider's Tip: Seek out the garlic bud statue...
Dongjang-ri, Jangdan-myeon, Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Located between the two Koreas in the Civilian Control Zone along the 38th Parallel, Dorasan station has recently awakened as though from a spell. Once only used as a showcase boasting of hopes for reunification between the divided peninsula for...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now