Day Trips from Playa del Carmen
Collected by Bobby Heard, AFAR Local Expert
Akumal, yalku, 77776 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
Tucked away on the north side of sleepy Akumal, Yal-ku lagoon offers visitors the chance to snorkel in calm, clear turquoise waters bursting with marine life. There is a small fee to pay in order which goes towards maintaining the cleanliness of...
Carretera Federal & Cancún - Chetumal Km 230 307, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
While not as large as other ancient Mayan cities in the region, Tulum draws in visitors for its stunning setting of centuries-old temples perched on a cliff by the Caribbean Sea. You’ll pass a large market with souvenirs, a casual Mexican...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys