The name of the Aysén Region, which contains the Northern and much of the Southern Patagonian Ice Fields, may come from an indigenous word for fjord or water. Even if that disputed etymology is inaccurate, it is a fitting description of this part...
The sparsely populated (unless you count sheep) Magallanes Region is named for the explorer we call Magellan in English. The country's largest region stretches 725 kilometers (450 miles) to the bottom of the continent, and it is home to a long...
Its name alone evokes a mystical realm, and it can be used to refer to a number of different places. Tierra del Fuego is a national park in Argentina, a vast archipelago, an island and provinces within both Argentina and Chile. In the Chilean...
- 1 Longreads The God of Silence Speaks Up
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines to Cut Service to These U.S. Cities—Will There Be More?
- 3 Trending News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Trending News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 5 Air Travel This Airport Just Became the World’s First to Get a Five-Star COVID-19 Rating