Collected by Lakhbir Lamba
Hill Cart Rd, Limbugaon, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101, India
To ride the Darjeeling Limited is a very novel experience. It takes forever (8 hours) as a form of transport up to Darjeeling, so save time and ride it for an hour or so departing from the Darjeeling railway station. En route, you can feel every...
Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
On a trip to India, I was fortunate to visit the Tibetan Refugee Center in Darjeeling. While there I witnessed many adults working to make items to sell. Their children were never far away. Here two of the boys had all they needed to entertain...
132 Pankhabari Road Fatak, Kurseong, West Bengal 734203, India
Every morning India is brought to life with fresh hot chai. You can grab it everywhere. From the purveyor chanting “Chai, Chai, Chai!” as he works his way up the train to a tiny stall set up by the street corner. It is the life blood of India and...
Tungsung Basti, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101, India
The views from your suite—of the Kanchenjunga Mountains, the hills of Sikkim, or the Rung Dung River—might make it hard to leave, but it’s worth it to learn about every stage of tea-making on a tour of the fields and factory. A tasting reveals the...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys