Danube River Cruise: Christmas Markets
Collected by Carrie Finley-Bajak , AFAR Local Expert
European Christmas markets are a must-see in the winter months, and a river cruise allows travelers to see a wide variety of locations.
V Kotcích 516/15, 110 00 Praha-Staré Město, Czechia
Staroměstské nám. 1, 110 00 Praha-Staré Město, Czechia
Old Town Square, founded in the 12th century, is the center of Prague. In the middle of it all, the Old Town Hall (which also houses the famous Astronomical Clock), built in 1338, still provides the best 360-degree views of the city. For a...
Salzburg has many Christmas Markets throughout the city, which means that there is a lot of variety to be had. There are sweet treats, handicrafts, ornaments, decorations, music, candy, food and drinks to help visitors get into the holiday spirit....
811 06 Bratislava-Old Town, Slovakia
One of the best parts of cruising on the Danube River during the holiday season is sampling the grilled meats and sausages available at the Christmas Markets. Each country along the route has a different way to season the meat, which makes...
Neuburger Str. 79, 94036 Passau, Germany
For those that need a little pick-me-up to warm up while walking around the European Christmas Markets, there is no better choice than a steamy hot cup of spiced wine. Gluhwein is a Christmas Market tradition and sampling the various recipes along...
- 1 Tips + News You Can Now Travel to Hawaii Without a Quarantine—Here’s What You Need to Know
- 2 Tips + News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 3 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You'll Have to Quarantine If You're From These 38 States
- 4 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 5 Tips + News European Countries Agree on New COVID-19 Travel Guidelines