Collected by AFAR Explorer
Switzerland, Belgium, Prague...
St Moritz, Switzerland
In a country full of swanky resort towns, St. Moritz takes the crown with its wide array of five-star hotels, designer stores, and award-winning restaurants. The town is also home to such exciting activities as skijoring and ice cricket, which...
Jan Breydelstraat 36, 9000 Gent, Belgium
As Canadian expat in Belgium, one thing I miss is the sea (and good lobster), so when I saw "Lobster Six Ways" on the menu at the House of Eliott in Ghent, I had to try it. Far from the traditional 'crack it open and dig in' style lobster I was...
3920 Zermatt, Switzerland
Named among the best mountain restaurants in the world by The Telegraph, Chez Vrony sits on Rothorn Mountain, a short ski down from the Sunnegga Express in the hamlet of Findeln. Housed in a rustic-chic Swiss chalet, it’s been in operation...
Gornergrat, 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland
A trip up to the Gornergrat provides the best view of the Matterhorn without ripping a huge hole in your wallet. For less than 10 Francs, we were able to ride the lift up to Gornergrat and see one of the most spectacular views. At the top there is...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3PhotographySweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5National ParksYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years