Built from the aftermath of the Sava River’s epic flooding in 1964, Jarun Lake is now one of Zagreb’s most cherished recreational areas. Swim, canoe, or sunbathe in the nude during the day. Then dance the night away at one of the legendary clubs...
This storied hotel opened in Zagreb in 1925 as a way station for travelers on the Orient Express, which stopped a block from the hotel. The Esplanade’s art-deco design and imposing grandeur are intact. Best of all, the hotel is located at the...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now