Collected by Christian Mirasol , AFAR Local Expert
Crijevićeva ul. 9, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
There’s no denying that Dubrovnik is a gem of a city – lots of things to do and see but, if you go any time starting in May, it can also be sweltering hot. The cool blue waters of the Adriatic Sea will look ever so inviting but there are the old...
Trg Sv. Stjepana 42, 21450, Hvar, Croatia
I did not take this picture because I thought it made my legs look fabulous. I took it because I could not believe how perfectly clear the water was. It was cool, refreshing and hidden. I was standing in Vlaka cove, on the tiny island of Sv....
21000, Split, Croatia
As we cruised the Adriatic coast from Zadar to Montenegro, we were surprised by the climate (Split is farther north than Boston), cafe society, beautiful people, and a history that stretches from the Romans and Venetians to Turks and today's very...
13, Vicka Butorovića, 21450, Hvar, Croatia
At the beachside restaurant Robinson's--a hidden gem with no electricity or running water, tucked away a nude beach on the coast of Hvar--every bite of "Squid Nona Mikra" is worth trekking for. And trek you will, as it's only reachable by an hour...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico