Christian Mirasol's Dalmatian coast
Collected by Christian Mirasol, AFAR Local Expert
Crijevićeva ul. 9, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Climb the grand baroque staircase and pass the Jesuit church, cross Gundulić Square, and follow the COLD DRINKS WITH THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VIEW signs. Then, yes, walk through the walls. Buža translates to “a hole-in-the-wall,” and a...
Ul. Svetog Đurđa 14, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Dubrovnik's City Walls are the longest and most complete in Europe. They also offer a fascinating way to see the city. While making the circuit of the city, you can peer down on the narrow streets below, peek into secret courtyards, and catch a...
Vicka Butorovića 13, 21470, Hvar, Croatia
At the beachside restaurant Robinson's--a hidden gem with no electricity or running water, tucked away a nude beach on the coast of Hvar--every bite of "Squid Nona Mikra" is worth trekking for. And trek you will, as it's only reachable by an hour...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 4Travel NewsHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Travel NewsYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years