Collected by Zoë Thrasher
Nederwaard 1, 2961 AS Kinderdijk, Netherlands
This group of 19 windmills is located in the village of Kinderdijk in South Holland, at the confluence of the Lek and Noord rivers. Built in 1738 and 1740 to rid excess water from the soil when the river rose, it is the largest collection of old...
Gouda’s Market Square serves as the hub of the city's activity and is dominated by the Gothic town hall (Stadhuis), built between 1448 and 1450. Just behind the town hall is the Waag (Dutch for 'scale house'), which dates back to 1667 and was...
Keukenhofdreef, Lisse, Netherlands
Keukenhof Gardens in The Netherlands isn't one of the seven wonders of the modern world, but it very well could be. With over 7 million flowers, including a vibrant sea of tulips, orchids, hyacinths, lilies, and countless other varietals,...
Oudezijds Achterburgwal 39-A, 1012 DA Amsterdam, Netherlands
In a city that prides itself on its reputation as Europe’s Sodom and Gomorrah, Koningsdag (King's Day) is the one day of the year when everyone gets f*cked-up. It's when Dutchies honor their monarch by parading down canals in festooned...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village