Collected by Harriet Sanford
Coripata, Cusco, Peru
Cherubs hang from the ceiling and flying pigs decorate the bar. Aquarium bathtubs covered in glass are the tables and funky, modern art with Christian themes decorate the walls. Behind the bar a disco ball glitters the rows of liquor bottles and...
If you wander around the San Blas neighborhood of Cuzco, you're bound to stumble upon a few of the Tallers, or local artisan gallery and shops. Generally, you walk into a beautiful outdoor courtyard which various rooms open into. One of the rooms...
Cusco 08000, Peru
San Blas is the bohemian district of Cusco City. This picturesque and atmospheric corner of the city is a short but steep walk from the main square. This is where you can find artists' studios and artisans' workshops. Look out for Mérida and...
Santa Catalina Ancha 398, Cusco 08000, Peru
There's not a drink more Peruvian than a Pisco Sour. Where better to learn about -- and taste! -- Pisco than the Museo del Pisco? I initially thought that Museo del Pisco was an actual museum recounting the history of Pisco in Peru, but instead,...
Plazoleta Nazarenas 337, Cusco 08000, Peru
A dedicated national monument dating back to 1592, this former monastery sits on Inca stone foundations, which were later topped by plenty of Spanish colonial flourishes. Evidence of the hotel’s history is everywhere you look, from the rich...
- 1 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 2 Expat Life The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country
- 5 Travel News Choo-Choo Choose This Last-Minute Amtrak Sale for a Valentine’s Day Gift