Culture, History And Adventure In Jordan
Collected by Jessie Festa , AFAR Local Expert
Arar St 114-148, Amman, Jordan
While Jordan—and the Middle East in general—isn't widely known for wines, Zumot Winery & Vineyards is a legend in the industry. Not only do Omar Zumot and his staff create delicious Saint George-label wines from a variety of grapes, they do it in...
Rainbow St., Amman, Jordan
A trendy yet relaxed rooftop restaurant and bar in Amman, Cantaloupe offers both indoor and outdoor seating, delicious food, unique cocktails, local and international wines and aerial views overlooking the citadel, nearby mosques and downtown...
During my two month stay in Jordan, in a frustrating effort to learn Arabic, our group took a day off of studying and headed into Amman for the Jordanian Independence Day celebration. We walked all around the city, visiting the Roman ruins,...
One worthwhile activity when visiting Jordan is to browse the many women's cooperatives around the country (for example, the Petra Pottery Workshop shown above). These establishments not only allow you to watch women create beautiful handicrafts,...
Dead sea road, Sweimeh, Jordan
One adventurous way to explore the beautiful Wadi Mujib is through canyoning. You can reserve a guide through the visitor's center (recommended at least 5 days in advance) who will first bring you up a steep hill for about an hour until you're...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May