Collected by Alison Buck
Regla, Havana, Cuba
Right across the bay, facing the Old Havana port, it's the fishermen town of Regla. There is a very simple boat that crosses people over several times a day. It's an opportunity to experience a more 'local' and genuine Cuba, further from the...
Las Terrazas, Cuba
While in Cuba, I visited the nature reserve called Las Terrazas. There I found a coffee shop that served this capppuccino with a surprise cinnamon topping. With a specially designed stencil, the servers offer up a real Cuban coffee with an image...
198 Calle Chanzoneta, Trinidad 62600, Cuba
Club Ayala is one of the most unique clubs I've been to anywhere. Located about 100 feet underground, this massive nature cavern is impressive both for itsincrediblespace and killeracoustics. I've never been to anything like it. Saturdaytends to...
y O, Vedado, Postal Code: 10400, Cuba, Calle 21, La Habana, Cuba
The drink- batidos (in this case one banana and one guava) - these are a beloved drink of the Cubans- a kind of fruit milkshake. Due to shortages in supplies the ingredients vary somewhat from vendor to vendor. The place - the poolside bar at the...
603 Paseo de Martí, La Habana, Cuba
Yes, you read that correctly. This beautiful bar at the Saratoga Hotel is a place for both drinking and smoking. Now forgotten in the US, this used to be how most people passed their time in bars in the "olden days" - here in Cuba, it IS the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna