Collected by Rebecca Armstrong
Obrapia, La Habana, Cuba
Encarnito it's a character I met as I was walking down Obrapía in Old Havana. I peeked through the window and liked 'the picture'. He invited me in, and we talked for a long time. He faught in the second squadron during the revolution, under Raúl...
I had the opportunity to visit Cuba this year, and for the week I was there, I felt like I had taken a trip back in time. The vintage cars are a delight and they are seemingly everywhere. Many are used as private taxis or utilized by hotels to...
Marina Hemingway, La Habana, Cuba
He would have had stiff competition from José Rodríguez Fuster who's colorfully tiled museum home and community make samba-ing out of Habana for an afternoon, a must cab ride. World renowned in his own right (see his work at Centro de Estudios...
153 Obispo, La Habana, Cuba
Stop by the Ambos Mundos Hotel in Old Havana. Ernest Hemingway spent many years living in a hotel room here and the view from the rooftop restaurant and bar is breathtaking. Have a cool, refreshing mojito after visiting the small Hemingway museum...
111, Obrapía, La Habana, Cuba
This museum was once the home and studio of famed Ecuadorian painter Oswaldo Guayasamín, who happened to be a supporter of the Cuban Revolution and painted Fidel Castro on several occasions. Exhibitions in the patio-like first floor feature...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village