Collected by Sam
Old Havana, Havana, Cuba
While visiting Old Havana, I couldn't resist a photograph of this elderly cigar smoker. She added some local color to a wonderful day in the historic and colonial heart of Havana. Old Havana is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is a beautifully...
Trinidad 62600, Cuba
On a recent trip to Cuba, I came across this local man in Trinidad. He was anxious to pose with his chicken for visitors. Trinidad is one of the finest colonial towns I've seen and is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can easily walk...
Calle Encarnación, Trinidad, Cuba
We spent 4 days in Trinidad, Cuba, founded 500 years before in 1513, with our gracious and helpful hosts, Jesus and Inelda, at their pension at #34 Vicente Suyama. Each morning we were presented with hearty breakfasts of fresh fruit,...
Bouyón, Cienfuegos, Cuba
In Cuba, music is everywhere! And every Cuban learns to dance even while they are learning to walk. This explained why the ladies seated in the front tables at the 'son' concert we attended laughed at middle aged americans dancing. The band has...
In the mountains above Cienfuegos, Cuba, we swam in a waterfall filled natural rock pool while a pig roasted over a fire pit for dinner. We met the local coffee workers and their families and shared beer or a soda with them. One mother, Maria,...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter