Collected by Sam
Old Havana, Havana, Cuba
While visiting Old Havana, I couldn't resist a photograph of this elderly cigar smoker. She added some local color to a wonderful day in the historic and colonial heart of Havana. Old Havana is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is a beautifully...
Trinidad 62600, Cuba
On a recent trip to Cuba, I came across this local man in Trinidad. He was anxious to pose with his chicken for visitors. Trinidad is one of the finest colonial towns I've seen and is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can easily walk...
Calle Encarnación, Trinidad, Cuba
We spent 4 days in Trinidad, Cuba, founded 500 years before in 1513, with our gracious and helpful hosts, Jesus and Inelda, at their pension at #34 Vicente Suyama. Each morning we were presented with hearty breakfasts of fresh fruit,...
Bouyón, Cienfuegos, Cuba
In Cuba, music is everywhere! And every Cuban learns to dance even while they are learning to walk. This explained why the ladies seated in the front tables at the 'son' concert we attended laughed at middle aged americans dancing. The band has...
In the mountains above Cienfuegos, Cuba, we swam in a waterfall filled natural rock pool while a pig roasted over a fire pit for dinner. We met the local coffee workers and their families and shared beer or a soda with them. One mother, Maria,...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map