Collected by Heidi Sarna, AFAR Local Expert
Geirangerfjord, Stranda Municipality, Norway
As you admire the views while your ship glides up the Geirangerfjord, you may get the impression that the massive gray rock walls rising above you are marbled. But look more closely and you’ll see that the white veins are really waterfalls. All...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now