Collected by Gisele Fowle
West End Road, West End, Honduras
The best meal in the Bay Islands, probably in all of Honduras is the chicken plate at Creole's. Ask any local expat on the island and they will tell you about this great little beach-hut rotisserie joint. Order the quarter chicken with 2 sides and...
Punta Gorda, Honduras
The less developed eastern end of the island offers much more solitude. There is a great spot not too far past the public access beach in Camp Bay where you can get the best rum punch (offered up homemade in a glass mug with a slice of pineapple)...
Carretera Principal, Sandy Bay 33166, Honduras
Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center in Sandy Bay is a great place to relax. I love to snorkel and the coral reef is right in front of the lodge. The beach is quiet. The cabanas are set in a tropical garden. I really like the owners and the...
Half Moon Bay, West End, Honduras
Most visitors to Roatan snorkel and sun themselves on the island's West Bay Beach, which can get pretty crowded (especially on cruise ships days). Get yourself some extra sand space by heading to the town of West End, just down the road and hang...
This was a great way to get up close and personal with just a few of the exotic animals on the island of Roatan. Because we only had a few hours due to coming into port on Carnival Cruise lines, I found it easy and convenient to book online...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter