This farmers’ market near the cathedral in Gornji Grad (Upper Town) is especially busy on Saturday mornings. It is loaded with vendor stalls, selling a variety of fresh cheeses and produce from the neighboring agricultural region Zagorje.
The collection of Croatian jams, liqueurs, olive oils, and spirits at this sliver of a store in Zagreb is vast. Every item can be sampled, so be sure to ask for a taste of maraska (sour cherry) liqueur or the country’s famous Maraschino liqueur,...
- 1The Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 28 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3An Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World
- 4Beyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Intimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania