Collected by Karin Wolfe
Ul. Ivana Tkalčića 70, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
The menu changes frequently at Zagreb's leading health-food restaurant, Ivica I Marica, in the heart of the main pedestrian thoroughfare of Tkalciceva Street. Seasonal specialties like the creamy pumpkin soup and succulent Dalmatian pašticada beef...
Trg bana Josipa Jelačića, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
An elegant square lined with grand, 19th-century buildings, Ban Jelačić is a great spot to feel the city’s pulse. It often plays host to fairs and performances, as well as locals chatting under the sculpture of Ban Josip Jelačić or the...
Ilica 63, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Zagreb is a coffee town, certainly. Cafes abound. But the espresso isn't always quite up to the standards of third-wave coffee snobs who require 3 to 5 perfectly pulled ristrettos per day while on holiday (ahem). The clean lines and white motif of...
Crijevićeva ul. 9, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Climb the grand baroque staircase and pass the Jesuit church, cross Gundulić Square, and follow the COLD DRINKS WITH THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VIEW signs. Then, yes, walk through the walls. Buža translates to “a hole-in-the-wall,” and a...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos