AFAR Explorer’s Croatia
Collected by AFAR Explorer
Dubrovnik is one of the best preserved medieval, walled cities in the world. Inside the city are delightful narrow streets, churches, synagogues, and squares. However, the best way to appreciate Dubrovnik is atop its walls. The citizens relied on...
Obala kralja Zvonimira 13, 21220, Trogir, Croatia
My mom kept urging me to go to Croatia because she had seen images of the beautiful Dalmatian coast. I resisted because Croatia was not on my travel agenda at the time. I finally caved in and I’m so glad I did because it’s a gem of a country! Most...
Dioklecijanova ul. 1, 21000, Split, Croatia
The focal point of Split, this 1,700-year-old Roman palace is nestled on the Adriatic seafront and protected by UNESCO as a World Heritage site. Roman Emperor Diocletian built the palace as his seaside retirement home, and across the centuries...
Ul. Svetog Đurđa 14, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Dubrovnik's City Walls are the longest and most complete in Europe. They also offer a fascinating way to see the city. While making the circuit of the city, you can peer down on the narrow streets below, peek into secret courtyards, and catch a...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 2Travel NewsUber Is Trying to Fix Its Most Annoying Problem
- 3World Heritage5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites With Incredible Street Art
- 4Travel NewsHighway 1 Is Now Open Again on California’s Big Sur Coast
- 5Air TravelAmerican Airlines Is the First Major Airline to Ban Plastic Straws and Drink Stirrers