Collected by Ashley Roberts
Budislavićeva ul. 15, 21220, Trogir, Croatia
One of the most popular meals in Croatia’s Dalmatia region is 'peka.' It's a blend of vegetables and meat drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with herbs, and then baked to perfection under a bell-like dome. You’ll see it listed on menus throughout...
If going to Croatia you must check out Plitvice Lakes - a world heritage park of impossibly-coloured lakes criss-crossed by wooden boardwalks. Fed by hundreds of falls and scattered with autumn leaves, the lakes presented a surreal Monet-esque...
Dioklecijanova ul. 1, 21000, Split, Croatia
The focal point of Split, this 1,700-year-old Roman palace is nestled on the Adriatic seafront and protected by UNESCO as a World Heritage site. Roman Emperor Diocletian built the palace as his seaside retirement home, and across the centuries...
21000, Split, Croatia
San Servolo (Istria) just started brewing this year. Their beers have made it on the market in Split. Although they call the beer 'homemade' it is the only craft beer style that seems to exist. They produce a Vienna Lager and a red. They are found...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States