Collected by Holly Clymore
13, Vicka Butorovića, 21450, Hvar, Croatia
At the beachside restaurant Robinson's--a hidden gem with no electricity or running water, tucked away a nude beach on the coast of Hvar--every bite of "Squid Nona Mikra" is worth trekking for. And trek you will, as it's only reachable by an hour...
Jelsa, 21465, Jelsa, Croatia
On the pretty island of Hvar, beneath the Bastijana Winery of Andro Tomic, lies a jewel of a wine tasting hall. The dramatic cellar is called Triclinium and has been strikingly constructed out of various types of limestone in a similar manner to...
Dioklecijanova ulica 1, Sredmanuška ul. 11, 21000, Split, Croatia
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this 1,700-year-old palace sits on the Adriatic seafront, serving as the focal point of Split. It was built by Roman Emperor Diocletian as a seaside retirement home and has served as a refuge for many a conqueror over...
Dioklecijanova ul. 1, 21000, Split, Croatia
Split is not known as a shopping destination, but if you have a hankering to go shopping, then head underground to the Podrum. The Podrum is a labyrinth of vaulted underground chambers that is located under what was Diocletian’s Palace. Back in...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter