Collected by Kimberley Lovato, AFAR Local Expert
Miljenka Bratosa 10, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
The defensive stone walls that surround Dubrovnik and tower over a sapphire sea have protected the citizens inside since they were built around the 8th century as a Byzantine fortress. Today they are a source of pride for Croatia's southernmost...
Ul. Vatroslava Lisinskog 34, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
In Dubrovnik, you have to walk the walls. It's a must. Not only for stellar views over one of what is arguably one of the most beautiful old cities in the world, but also for the friendly faces you might find. Like this one. My friend Katie...
Trg bana Josipa Jelačića, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
If this photo were snapped in an alleyway, or on a mysterious street, it would make the area seem ominous, but even on the snowy and cold winter day as I wandered through the wide cobbled streets around Ban Jelačić Square, I found warmth...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 3Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Travel NewsYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years