Collected by Steve Nordholt
51410, Opatija, Croatia
Konoba Tramerka serves some of Kvarner’s freshest seafood and locally sourced meats, all expertly prepared with a dash of soul. The restaurant is tucked away on a narrow cobblestone street just steps from the seafront in the tiny fishing...
Preluk 1, 51000, Rijeka, Croatia
Once on my birthday I walked the shore-hugging path from Opatija to the seaside village of Volosko. I’d come to see the chimneys. I ate lunch at a small outdoor café, looking up. Then I walked the town taking about 100 pictures of The Chimneys of...
Aleja Hermanna Bollea 27, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
Mirogaj is the central cemetery of Zagreb. The mortuary, and the impressive arcades with the church of Christ the King made it one of the most beautiful cemeteries in the world. This is where Dr Franco Tudman, Croatia's first President was laid to...
Avenija Dubrovnik 17, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
For top contemporary art from Croatia and abroad, don’t miss a trip to this fascinating museum, located in a modern building a short cab ride from the city center. Start with the permanent exhibition Collection in Motion, which features...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked