Collected by Sarah Volz
Ul. Luje Adamovića 31, 52210, Rovinj, Croatia
From the outside, Hotel Lone (pronounced LO-nay) looks like a giant zebra-stripe cruise liner. The 236 rooms and 12 suites feature private balconies that wrap around the property like corridors on a ship. Inside, rooms are decorated with textiles...
52429, Grožnjan, Croatia
Every July and August, the artsy town of Groznjan swells with visitors who come for classical music concerts and the annual Jazz Is Back festival, held July 13 through August 3 this year. This appeared in the August/September 2013 issue. Image:...
52420, Buzet, Croatia
Buzet is an ideal town for wandering. Afterward, settle into the Vela Vrata hotel (pictured) near the church of St. George and its stone city gate, both built during the Venetian empire. This appeared in the August/September 2013 issue.
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 4Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World