Collected by Nicole Gleason
To the southwest coast of Crete lies one of the most magical beaches. "Elafonisi" is one of the exotic beaches of Crete, located about 8 km from Chania, is characterized by dunes of white sand, crystal clear shallow waters, the tranquility and the...
There is nothing better when you visit an island than going to the sea! Heraklion is surrounded by so many different but beautiful beaches that you will need more than a week to visit all of them. Clear & deep blue water, golden sand, incredible...
Chania is one of the most beautiful cities of the island of Crete. One of the most beautiful corners of the city is the harbour. It was built on the Venetian era. Visitors will find there monuments of both the Venetian and the Ottoman history. The...
Theotokopoulou 18, Chania 731 31, Greece
A 600 year old Venetian family home has been turned into an amazing boutique hotel in Chania, Eastern Crete. I stumbled upon it by accident and spent an idyllic few days exploring the old Venetian harbour and the Old Town. The old “Venetian...
Kissamos 730 01, Greece
Crete has an abundance of shoreline, and its Elafonisi Beach is one of the best in Greece. This sprawling piece of pink and white sand opens up to the turquoise sea. Lifeguards keep a constant watch, and so the beach is suitable for all ages. You...
Matala, Matala, 70200, Matala 702 00, Greece
We started our kayaking journey in Matala on the island of Crete. It was an awesome little town to spend our first few nights in with great family owned restaurants, history, and hiking. Their town's motto here is "Today is Life, Tomorrow Never...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna