Collected by Colleen O'Boyle
Planning a four-day trip to Crete in July 2014
Chania is one of the most beautiful cities of the island of Crete. One of the most beautiful corners of the city is the harbour. It was built on the Venetian era. Visitors will find there monuments of both the Venetian and the Ottoman history. The...
Kalorrouma 731 00, Greece
Crystal clear waters, remote access, and cliff diving. Seitan Limania is a spot known only to locals and the few U.S. military that transit the nearby naval flight line. The view is absolutely gorgeous. This is a once-in-a-lifetime beach. Access...
Enjoying an Alpha Beer at Marmara beach near Loutro, Crete. We paddled from Loutro to this isolated taverna, accessible only boat or on the E4 trail (the 10,000 km trial that runs through Europe). After kayaking, we enjoyed refreshments and...
Samaria 730 11, Greece
The Samaria Gorge is considered the "Grand Canyon" of Europe. This 16km trek is best started in the mid-morning to allow enough time to hike and to avoid the crowds that start the trek early. The gorge became a park in 1962, and is famous for the...
Theofanous 9, Chania 731 31, Greece
An evening bayside view from the balcony of our spacious two-level room at Casa Delfino invigorates me to get dressed to enjoy the evening. A five minute walk through the cobblestone narrow streets of Old Town and we find ourselves along the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local