Covering Costa Rica in a Week
Collected by Ashley Day
Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
There are plenty of opportunities to try canopy tours in Costa Rica, but I have to highly recommend Extremo in Monteverde. The best strategy we unexpectedly took on this venture was going in blind. We took recommendations for the best town and...
Frente Parque Lobo, Barrio El Carmen, Puntarenas, Av. 4, Provincia de Puntarenas, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Montezuma was a must-stop recommendation of all the beaches, so when we two Floridians finally arrived on the miniature, desolate coast in this small town we were confused. The communal bonfire atmosphere described seemed unlikely and the view was...
Manuel Antonio, Provincia de Puntarenas, Quepos, Costa Rica
After hoping and guessing on monkey calls and attempting to lure with food scraps, Manuel Antonio delivered our one demand of Costa Rica: making monkey friends. We didn't think it was too much to ask, and as expected they really liked us. What...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now