Covered Bridges of America
Collected by Caroline Eubanks, AFAR Local Expert
2201 Elder Mill Rd, Watkinsville, GA 30677, USA
As one of only 13 functional covered bridges in Georgia, the Elder's Mill Covered Bridge is located in the small town of Watkinsville, outside of Athens and around 2 hours from Atlanta. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, you can...
47 Cherry Valley Rd, Gilford, NH 03249, USA
Searching for covered bridges and discovering their histories is one of the travel adventures I enjoy. While in New Hampshire, I armed myself with a good area map. The map had covered bridge icons which indicated covered bridge locations. New...
West Cornwall, Cornwall, CT 06796, USA
In West Cornwall, Connecticut there is a covered bridge you can drive across or view from the river. This Bridge is only one lane wide so only one car can go through in either direction at a time. It is a great place to visit when the Autumn...
Lancaster, PA, USA
Lancaster County is known for having the most covered bridges out of any county in Pennsylvania. Most websites I checked said that there were 31, but I'm pretty sure flooding this past fall has lowered that number. I normally don't get overexcited...
500 Jackson Ave, Naperville, IL 60540, USA
Sure, there are a lot of things to do in Naperville. It's a pretty big town. But really, the best thing to do is nothing, as long as I'm doing it along the Riverwalk. Round trip, it's three miles that cover both woods and downtown, in about equal...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December