Costa rican adventure
Collected by Kao Akana
Limón Province, Cahuita, Costa Rica
As day breaks upon this tropical "oasis" the steam begins to rise into the atmosphere and the jungle is alive with noise. Cahuita, Costa Rica is a small town on the Caribbean and has easy access to the proportionately small national park that...
Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
On my recent road trip through the provinces of Costa Rica, one of our stops was the Monteverde - Santa Elena cloud forest reserves in the province of Guanacaste. One of the most popular activities here is zip lining as you get to zip through and...
Cabo Matapalo, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
or at least it seems that way.Cabo Matapalo is located at the very tip of the Osa Peninsula where the Golfo Dulce meets the Pacific Ocean. Located 500' straight down a cliff from our cabina this ruggedly wild stretch of beach is reached by an hour...
Manuel Antonio, Provincia de Puntarenas, Quepos, Costa Rica
My husband and I took a week long trip to Costa Rica in Dec 2011. This is the view of the Manuel Antonio National Park and surrounding areas from the town above (Manuel Antonio/Quepos). We took a guided tour in the park and had a great time but be...
Puntarenas Province, Puerto Jiménez, Costa Rica
The howler monkeys are my alarm clock. At 4:30am, I lay awake under the diaphanous mosquito netting covering the bed, watching the array of colors and clouds that will evolve into the perfect sunrise. The many species of birds begin to rouse the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles