Collected by Blair Sackett
Provincia de Puntarenas, Monte Verde, Costa Rica
If you are in Costa Rica looking to do zip lining and have an adventurous spirit, I recommend the company Extremo Canopy in Monteverde. The adventure includes 11 platforms, 1 repel line, 1 Tarzan Swing, and a Superman line 1 KM in length. It costs...
Noreste de Centro de la Fortuna de San Carlos 13 Km, Provincia de Alajuela, Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica
On the west side of Arenal Volcano, this 900-acre tropical reserve was a labor of love for owner and architect Jaime Mikowski, who spent years planting acres of native plants and coaxing the land’s natural mineral springs into a river that...
Puntarenas Province, Monteverde, Costa Rica
Hiking in the Monteverde Cloud Forest Preserve (both guided and alone) was one of our favorite experiences in Costa Rica. There was life to be found everywhere - in the trees, under plant leaves, on the ground. The majesty of the trees was...
Santa Rosa, Tamarindo, Guanacaste, Canopy, Provincia de Guanacaste, Costa Rica
In the cloud forest of Costa Rica, my girlfriend and I ventured to one of the world's longest zip line tours. Heights and I have an uneasy relationship so I was a bit nervous about the experience at first but working up from short, relatively low...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands