Collected by AFAR Explorer
Puntarenas Province, Monteverde, Costa Rica
The Hanging Bridges at Monteverde Cloud Forest was an AMAZING way to experience the Cloud Forest. You literally have a bird's eye view of the entire forest. I went later in the day so I basically had the entire trail to myself which was nice...
Provincia de Puntarenas, Cantón de Aguirre, Costa Rica
Africa has its "Big 5" but Costa Rica boasts its own cast of critters. I saw dozens of white-faced monkeys and lizards in Manuel Antonio as well as some tropical raccoons scavenging on the beach. The highlight of the day was spotting two sloths...
Noreste de Centro de la Fortuna de San Carlos 13 Km, Provincia de Alajuela, Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica
A luxury hotel in the shadow of Arenal Volcano features a series of pools—one equipped with slides—and waterfalls set amid tropical gardens. Lava streaming from the volcano may provide an after-dark show. Tabacón Thermal Resort...
Cantón de Aguirre, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
A stunning national park on the Pacific coast, Manuel Antonio has it all: nonstop beautiful beaches, lush tropical rain forest, and oh, the wildlife and flowers, everywhere you look. Monkeys abound on these beaches, and they are not timid around...
Provincia de Guanacaste, Tortuguero de Quebrada Honda, Costa Rica
In the north eastern corner of Costa Rica is a special place called Tortugero. This is yet another unique ecosystem within diverse Costa Rica. Here the streets are water canals and the lifestyle feels very intertwined and harmonious with the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local