Collected by jess vulcan
7 Kms De Puerto Viejo De Sarapiqui (Chilamate, S.), Costa Rica, Sarapiqui, Costa Rica
Mornings are the best for bird watching in Costa Rica. Sitting by the pool, at the Selva Verde Lodge at four in the morning, turned out to be a fantastic idea. I saw a wide variety of birds, including toucans, parrots, and even the occasional...
Malpais, Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
The original farm-to-table eatery in the area, Mary’s Restaurant, lies just down the road from the fishing harbor in Mal País village. With its pool table, polished concrete floors, and chalkboard menu, it feels like a pub. But along with such...
Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
I highly recommend visiting Samara in the off-season (we went in October). Not only was there sun, but also solitude: We were some of the only people there. The beach is never-ending, the water refreshing, and the locals are eager for your...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter