Collected by Todd Rosenblatt
The thermal hot springs in Rincón de La Vieja at Rio Negro (Black River) may not be as well known as those in the Arenal area, but we had the pools and surrounding forest to ourselves. From where we stayed at the Hacienda Guachipelin Rincón de La...
Guanacaste Province, Bagaces, Costa Rica
While most people travel to Costa Rica for the jungle ziplining, waterfall rappelling, and famous surf beaches, traveling to rural villages like Bagaces in Guanacaste can have its own rustic charm. On the streets of Bagaces, you won't find any...
San Antonio, Limón, Costa Rica
One of the most amazing places I have stayed, and would stay again in an instant, is the Pacuare Eco Lodge in Costa Rica... I stayed in the above cabana high in the rain forest canopy above the ground. The cabana has its own private bridge and hot...
Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
On my recent road trip through the provinces of Costa Rica, one of our stops was the Monteverde - Santa Elena cloud forest reserves in the province of Guanacaste. One of the most popular activities here is zip lining as you get to zip through and...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights