Collected by K
The thermal hot springs in Rincón de La Vieja at Rio Negro (Black River) may not be as well known as those in the Arenal area, but we had the pools and surrounding forest to ourselves. From where we stayed at the Hacienda Guachipelin Rincón de La...
Guanacaste Province, Bagaces, Costa Rica
While most people travel to Costa Rica for the jungle ziplining, waterfall rappelling, and famous surf beaches, traveling to rural villages like Bagaces in Guanacaste can have its own rustic charm. On the streets of Bagaces, you won't find any...
Vara Blanca, Heredia Province, Costa Rica
Anyone who has the opportunity to visit Costa Rica -- great, do it! We hiked the waterfalls in Alejuela. Once you come back down, then the drive up to Arenal is well worth it. This one of Costa Rica's volcanoes is still active. On the drive up you...
Guanacaste Province, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
The breezy, tropical fashion of locals can be enviable: Who wouldn't want to spend their days in cool, palm-fiber hats and colorful fabrics? Visitors who want to emulate the tico style can look for goods at Diamante Boutique in Tamarindo, where...
monteverde, Provincia de Puntarenas, Monteverde, 60101, Costa Rica
We found evidence of a craft beer movement everywhere we traveled in Costa Rica, including in Santa Elena. The Monteverde Beer House opened in 2014 to shower home-brewed beer, Costa Rican craft brews, and simple Mediterranean food on the locals,...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands