Collected by AFAR Explorer
Puntarenas Province, Quepos, Costa Rica
A stunning national park on the Pacific coast, Manuel Antonio has it all: nonstop beautiful beaches, lush tropical rain forest, and oh, the wildlife and flowers, everywhere you look. Monkeys abound on these beaches, and they are not timid around...
Road from Puerto Jiménez to Carate, km 22., Osa Peninsula - Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica
While we were staying in a really great cabin down off of Matapalo Beach on the Oso Peninsula in Costa Rica (Sueño Verde), we were often visited by families of Capuchin monkeys who would go foraging for insects and coconuts in the trees right...
Cabo Matapalo, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
or at least it seems that way.Cabo Matapalo is located at the very tip of the Osa Peninsula where the Golfo Dulce meets the Pacific Ocean. Located 500' straight down a cliff from our cabina this ruggedly wild stretch of beach is reached by an hour...
Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
Chef Norman Roqhuett Mata rules Santa Teresa’s top kitchen, Nectar, at the Florblanca hotel. Local sourcing is the norm, and most of Mata’s ingredients are grown less than 20 miles away. The chef hosts full-moon dinners at his favorite organic...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos