Collected by Rylee Pirson
Av 6, Provincia de Alajuela, Atenas, Costa Rica
Every Friday from 6 a.m. until 2 p.m., the Farmers' Market is in full swing in downtown Atenas. Featuring choice eats and treats from all the surrounding farms, it doesn't get any more 'natural' than the selections here. You'll be able to find...
707, Provincia de Alajuela, Atenas, Costa Rica
Atenas (whose name means Athens, as in Greece's capitol) is actually a quaint agricultural town in the province of Alajuela, about a 45 minute drive west of San Jose. With a population of only 27,000 people, and surrounded by coffee plantations...
Provincia de Puntarenas, Cantón de Aguirre, Costa Rica
My husband and I took a week long trip to Costa Rica in Dec 2011. We spent a day in the Manuel Antonio National Park on the Pacific coast. We started the tour of the national park with a tour guide who was equipped with a high end telescope to...
Montezuma Beach, Puntarenas Province, Santa Fe, Costa Rica
When staying in Costa Rica, we decided we wanted to go to Montezuma; we had heard a lot about it and wanted to check it out for ourselves. So, we rented a car, started at the top of the Nicoya Peninsula, and worked our way down - stopping off at...
9 Km al sur de Playa Dominical Puntarenas, Puertocito, 60403, Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
There used to be a road here. There used to be a parking lot. Rains, as is the custom on the jungle-laden Southern Pacific side of Costa Rica, have washed out the old paths to this slice of tropical paradise. This spot is called Playa Ventanas for...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now