Collected by Simon Schütt
Avenida 2, calle1, San José, Costa Rica
The 1987 Teatro Nacional (National Theater) of Costa Rica stands glowing on a summer night, lending the Plaza de la Cultura (the town square) an aura of majesty. The sides of its neoclassical facade are adorned by statues of dramatist Calderon de...
San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
One of the great highlights of traveling through Costa Rica, is meandering through the streets of the capital city San Jose. Yes, everyone wants to hit the beaches and rain forests, but a day or two spent in the capital gives a little foundation...
Calle Central Alfredo Volio, San José, Costa Rica
Out of all the beautiful places in Costa Rica the capital San Jose seems lacking and I wouldn't recommend wasting many precious travel days there. However I called this city home for three months and as the main travel hub between Costa Rica's...
Av. 1 6 y 8, San José, Costa Rica
Your nose will lead you to the little storefront of Volio Coffee-- a treasure chest for coffee lovers in Central San Jose. The beans offered here are the real deal and the best I have tasted in Costa Rica. I loaded up on bags filled with warm,...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village