Collected by Liz Pulver
"You get to the end of the road . . . make sure you lock your car. Follow the beach down to a bunch of white tents. You can’t miss it.” We’d heard those words before, and we’d proved our inalienable right to, indeed, miss what could not be missed....
Playa Santa Teresa, Provincia de Puntarenas, Costa Rica
This eclectic cafe offers delicious fresh food, great people watching, an up close look at Canadian artist Margriet Zwart's studio (owner of the studio / cafe), and a fun community of locals and travelers soaking up the "pura vida" lifestyle. If...
Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
This is the best taco stand in the world. Period. It's located on the main road in the dusty beach town of Playa Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, near Malpais. You have to get into the hot sauce at this joint. On offer was chipotle mayo and some sort of...
Malpais, Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica
The original farm-to-table eatery in the area, Mary’s Restaurant, lies just down the road from the fishing harbor in Mal País village. With its pool table, polished concrete floors, and chalkboard menu, it feels like a pub. But along with such...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys