Collected by Jill Richardson
"You get to the end of the road . . . make sure you lock your car. Follow the beach down to a bunch of white tents. You can’t miss it.” We’d heard those words before, and we’d proved our inalienable right to, indeed, miss what could not be missed....
I went to Costa Rica for the animals. So after a week of tour guides showing me nothing more interesting than a giant millipede (which was, granted, very cool), I felt a little disappointed. At week's end we ventured to Los Chiles, where we would...
Provincia de Puntarenas, Monteverde, Costa Rica
I prefer my animals in the wild, but sometimes, you just can't get this close. Or this amazing. Dozens of hummingbirds of over twenty species zoom around the Hummingbird Garden at Selvatura, Santa Elena. After all the canopy bridges, ziplines, and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now